18 years of age
Valid credit card
Reside in the United States
Items not allowed
• Weapons (Knives, bows, guns, potato guns, stun guns, explosives, etc)
• Single use items (bullets, diapers, disposable good of any kind)
• Living things (People, animals, yeast, etc)
• Items of sexual nature (sex toys, pornographic media or photos)
• Media files (hard copy or digital)
• Food or hygienic items (toothpaste, Deodorant)
• Items that you value over $500
• Anything you or someone else would deem dangerous
• Items you don’t own or have the rights to lend out or sublet.
• Irreplaceable or sentimental items.
How to rent your items
- List your item and include a photo.
- Insert your replacement value based on age and wear.
- Insert your rate per day, (minimum is $4 so we can cover fees).
- You can also list a package containing many items as long as the total value doesn’t exceed $500.
- When a request comes in, Confirm the rental.
- Arrange the pickup with messaging. (you can deliver or they can pick-up)
- Meetup and hand over your item and Click the “Picked up Item Button”.
- Before the due date arrange for the item to be returned, meet with the renter and Click the “Item has been returned” button when you receive the item.
That completes the process!
The rental fee will be paid to you via Stripe, minus the It’s Borrowed service fee of 10%. Contact the Help Desk if an item is returned late. Renters will be charged double daily rate plus service fees for late days. Items 5 days or more overdue will be considered lost (see below).
In the event that a rented item is damaged, contact the Help Desk with photos of the damage and It’s Borrowed will mediate the cost to replace or fix. If the item is deemed 50% damaged or unusable you the renter, will be charged the replacement value which will go to the owner along with money from the rental, minus the 10% service fee for the rental which will go to It’s Borrowed. Money awarded for replacement and rental will not exceed 110% of the replacement value.